CN Games Studio's newest game, Project Exonaut, has launched!
This is the biggest game our studio has ever built. This is our first 3D game as well, though the gameplay is in 2D. If you played our previous shooter, Ben 10 Bounty Hunters, you may recognize the core gameplay but Exonaut is amped up in every way from our previous title.
- Instant-action, fast-paced, multiplayer shooter
- Players pilot exosuits, high-tech armored suits that channel the abilities of Cartoon Network's greatest heroes.
- No login or registration required to play
- Register to earn XP, level up and purchase new exosuits of your favorite CN characters
- 5 maps
- 32 exosuits
- 100% free!
One of our main directives was "multiplayer as easy as a Flash game" so we streamlined the multiplayer experience to be as fast and easy as possible. We don't require registration and you can be in a game in one click.
Unlike most shooters, in Exonaut your character selection changes your base stats (armor, regen, speed, jetpack and tech) and with what weapon you are best. You need to know your exosuit's strengths and weaknesses and how these play against other exosuits.
We changed up some of the shooter norms to balance the game across our wide demographic.
- No respawn points - if you are "hacked" (killed) you drop at that point for a short time and then you respawn at that same location with a bit on invincibility. This limits spawn camping and greifing by forcing winning Exonauts to divide their attention among the entire population of players.
- Limited ammo - there are no ammo refills but players always have a pistol when they run out of ammo. This means dominant players will be nerfed a bit after a strong streak of play.
We wanted to give players reasons to come back and play over and over so we made many exosuits players can earn. We also have a faction vs. faction meta game where player's wins affect the overall performance of their faction.
Overall Site Strategy
This is part of a larger site strategy for CN. We have our MMO, FusionFall, our one-on-one fighter TKO and now a 8-player competitive shooter.
We are going to continue to build on Exonaut, improving and adding new features through the year.